7/19/08

The Players Sports Grill

One of the newest joints in town, Players Sports Grill, is definitely one of the hot spots. With scores of flat screen tv's playing your favorite sport, and the industrial lighting of make of the restaurant, the atmosphere of Players is one of fun. Take some time to go over the menu--it's 6 pages (front and back)! Our server Adam, was one for great advice on food! The lettuce wraps with the spicy chicken were fantastic! Going in I knew that I wanted a hamburger. It's my standard choice. Depending on the hamburger will determine how I enjoy the restaurant and if I return. I just wanted a plain cheeseburgr, but there's nothing plain at Players. I opted for the Burger of Champions--8 oz. of prime beef topped with a fried egg, tomatoes, cheese, and onions. I was a little skeptical about the fried egg; it just seemed unnatural. However, much to my delight, it was awesome! And the fries had just enough seasoning. :) My only regret was that I was too full to try one of their desserts! For those of you who know me, I usually eat dessert first then the rest of my meal. It's my philosphy that you can always take your meal home in a take out container, but you can never take your ice cream. It will melt! As I contemplated Players, it seemed like a place you could go to just unwind after work. If I were a drinker, this would be my place to come relax (there's at least two pages of drinks to choose from--from Grey Goose Martinis, to all sorts of vodka and mojitos, to beers and wines) and throw one back. On atmosphere I rate Players at a 8 (only because golf was playing on every single tv), a 10 for service (even two of the managers came out and asked how we were doing), and a 10 for food. Forget Iggy's, Player's here I come! Scroll down to see pictures of our adventure. Thanks Karyn! -Susi






Today for lunch, we ventured out to the Players Sports Grill. Players is a brand-new Sports Grill that has opened up in St. George. Susi and I ended up having to go to take a few pictures for work, so we decided to stay and check it out.


Let me begin with the outside of the building… its typical Southern Utah landscaping… gravel, pointy bushes, and large rocks. Then, as you walk towards the front of the building… LO AND BEHOLD, it’s a revolving door! :) I can’t say enough how much I LOVE revolving doors… Oh to be young again! Lol… Anyway… As soon as you walk in (through the awesome revolving door…) the restaurant is VERY clean and well decorated. I really liked the wood floors, and there is a wood inlay of their logo which is way cool too…





We were seated promptly by our server Adam, and he got us drinks right away. We ordered the lettuce wraps for an appetizer… they were good. I’ve had better, I’m not gonna lie, but they were tasty. I ordered the Custom Calzone with Pepperoni, (REAL) Canadian Bacon, Italian Sausage, Sun-dried Tomatoes, Mushrooms, and Olives. Susi ordered the Champion Burger. The Calzone was DELICIOUS! The crust was freshly made, and did I mention that the Canadian Bacon was REAL Canadian Bacon??? To say the least, it was definitely well worth the $7.85 I paid for it. Susi’s burger looked really good too, and the fry I stole from her was perfectly seasoned. Adam was very nice and recommended both of our meals and the appetizer.

Everyone was extremely nice to us, keeping our drinks full, and just overall making sure we were enjoying the experience. By and large, I would say that this was a GREAT experience. We will definitely be revisiting this one! Food gets a 9 for taste, presentation, and diversity in the menu, Service gets a 10 (Thanks Adam!), and Atmosphere gets a solid 8.5. For a good meal, a cold drink, and sports, I’d say Player’s is the way to go!
-Karyn
---

1 comment:

A Note from Kaleo and Megan said...

Karyn,
Thanks for the info. Kaleo and I are always looking for great new places to eat. And, as I know you, I feel that I can trust your opinions. Good to hear from you again. I like your picture on the blog. You look great! --Megan