7/18/08

FORE!!

Fairway Grill is the whole reason why this blog was started. I absolutely love the Fairway Grill! It's one of the staples in St. George cuisine. Well, I don't know if you can call it cuisine, but it's good home cookin'. I usually flip flop between a few of the entrees. They have a great hamburger with those awesome steak fries; or try the Navajo taco--loaded with beans, cheese, lettuce, tomato, olives, and sour cream all on a delicious scone (it comes close to the real thing). But on this particular night, I was craving some pork chops. Hence, the whole reason for going to Fairway. Karyn and I walked in to the golf atmosphere restaurant. With golf paraphernalia on the walls, 50s and 60s music playing in the background, an awesome golf and tee water feature, this is the place to come for an Arnold Palmer after a long day on the course! But I digress...upon placing my order (I didn't even open my menu, that's how much I love this place!) I told our server that I wanted the pork chops. Besides my mom's pork chops, this is the only restaurant I've found that makes them just the way I like them, nice and juicy, with mashed potatoes and country gravy on the side! But to my consternation, dismay, and distraught, they no longer serve pork chops! Well, they do, but they're now a special. WHAT?!! That meant that I had to pick something else? Our server, Nicolas, whom I've known for years, gave me more time to decide. All I wanted was pork chops! Seeing my obvious displeasure, he asked the cooks if they could go and look in the walk in for some pork chops. And lo and behold, yes, you've guessed it, there were some! So, the cooks being awesome, cooked me up some pork chops with mashed potatoes and country gravy! I died and went to heaven! Because of what Nicolas and the cooks did, Fairway Grill has my continuous love and support! I've always loved that place (I went there for my birthday lunch), but I love it even more now! On a scale of 1-10--10 being the highest--I give it a 10+ for service, a 10+ for food, and an 8 for atmosphere. If you're in the mood for pork chops, or a nice meal in a nice restaurant, go to Fairway Grill.
-Susi

---

The Fairway Grill... Yes, it is true that this restaurant is what inspired us to start this blog. I have to admit that the food there is alright. To tell you the truth, a lot of the time it's under seasoned and generic. BUT Susi loves to eat there, so we go. I don't really have a 'usual' order... well, there or anywhere. I've tried the Alfredo, the Navajo Taco, The Caddy, The Burger, The Arnold Palmer (Turkey Dinner) The Chicken Picata, and the steak... I'd say they all average a 6-7 on a scale of 1-10. The food is good on most days and since I've visited there more than once, I obviously like it enough to pay for it again and again. ;) I'd say the star on this menu is the Buffalo wings. They are DELICIOUS... and a close second would be the scones-- Powdered Sugar and Honey Butter on a perfect piece of 'Indian fry-bread' or as we call them: scones. The ambiance is a sort of golf, southern Utah, and aquarium hodge-podge. The service is (and always is) wonderful. We always get top of the line service when we go to the Fairway. The prices are fair as well... SO, overall... Fairway gets a 7 for food, a 5 for atmosphere, and a 9 for service. :) Decent food, and great service is what to expect at the Fairway.

-Karyn

1 comment:

Sara Ann said...

Brilliant!! I look forward to your reviews:) I have never been to the Fairway grill, now I will try it!