9/30/08

The Steak & Seafood Company

The Steak & Seafood Co. One of St. George’s best kept restaurant secrets. Tucked away in the East Ridge Plaza (down by Jiffy Lube, Adrians, and the Army Recruiting Place), Steak & Seafood offers delicious food in a delicious environment! I have to say this about Steak & Seafood, they have the best salad I’ve ever had! No white lettuce pieces. Carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, with a yummy honey poppyseed dressing. So delightful—and I’m a picky salad eater! This restaurant has the best tunes! I don’t know what XM radio station it is, but it’s rockin’! The only downside to Steak & Seafood is that it’s only open from dinner, between the hours of 5:30-9ish. I know, ish. But find a night that works, visit the restaurant and take your time about it! The ambiance is romantic with little tea light candles and fresh flowers on the table, a gigantic fish tank near the entrance and cool looking wall hangings. Every time I go, just like everywhere else, I always get the surf and turf. Jumbo shrimp and a steak, with seasoned vegetables and rice. I’m not a vegetable kind of girl, but their vegetables are the only ones I always eat! Steak and Seafood is a little pricey; so if you need to save up, do it! Every time I go, I am never disappointed! I give this place an all around 9.










The Steak and Seafood Company is probably one of the best kept secrets in St. George... Not a lot of people would think to find delicious gourmet food across from a mall... But, alas. It IS there... and it IS delicious! ;)

When you first see this inconspicuous restaurant... well, at least when I first saw it, I thought... somewhere along the lines of a ghetto oriental food place. I know. I was quick to judge. You would think after all my food experiences, I would lay aside the outside appearance and only think on the inner deliciousness, but I was a little uneasy going in. The first thing noticed about this restaurant was the funky art pieces and fish tank. The decor is semi French country with a Utah twist. lol. If that is a style at all. There is a REALLY cool print on the wall that is a zebra AND a penguin... see if you can find it. :D The music they play is AWESOME... like every other song is an awesome jam from the 80's and 90's... and sometimes earlier. This is definitely a place that you can come and have a conversation with someone. It's quiet, and not usually crowded...

I guess you could say I'm adventurous when it comes to food. I try not to eat the same thing twice... unless its SUPER good... I also try to not eat the same thing as anyone I'm eating with. So far at the Steak and Seafood Co., I've had chicken 2 ways and the steak. I haven't been brave enough to eat any of the seafood yet, though I'm sure it's DELICIOUS! :)

This time around, I started with the French onion soup (sorry, no pic) It has to be #1 on the best French onion soups I've ever had-- #2 being the F.O.S. at Mimi's Cafe. Along with F.O.S., I am a connoisseur of sorts of pink lemonades. The pink lemonade here is #3 after In-N-Out (#1) and Olive Garden (#2). lol.

For dinner, I had the Pecan Honey Chicken with steamed veggies and rice. Have you ever eaten something and couldn't stop??? That is how every experience has been for me at the Steak and Seafood Co. The chicken is moist and mouthwatering... the steamed veggies are PERFECTLY seasoned and cooked... and the rice... well, it isn't sticky rice... (that’s how I like it) but It will do! :)

For desert... the French silk pie is a slice of heaven. Some may find it too rich, but i like my French silk like i like my men... dark and rich! lol... jk. ;) Overall, the food is always a homerun for me here at the S&S Co.

It's pretty pricey here... it's definitely not a place to eat when your wallet is looking a little thin. SO, the final score for me is a 4 for prices, a 7.59 for ambience, and a 9 for food taste and quality. Go to Steak and Seafood Company for an upscale meal and a nice place to sit and talk.

3 comments:

Sara Ann said...

I saw the penguin in the Zebra! Cool! I have always wanted to try this place, now I will have to for sure!

leinani45 said...

its totally awesome!!! you should go for it!

Unknown said...

they expect a good tip if you don't they'll come out the restaurant and throw it on your car while your leaving. I'm but i don't recommend this place to anyone.